“The Company Where The Owner Does The Work”
Houston, Texas 77079
Mon-Fri 9am – 6pm
Call Us Today!
6 Steps to Spot Removal
6 Steps To Spot Removal
- Catch it while it’s fresh, chances of removal are 75% better when you clean it right away. Don’t iron or hot-air dry until the stain is gone. Heat will set most stains.
- First blot up all the liquid and scrape up all the solids you can. On a large spill you can use a wet/dry vac. Be careful not to spread the stain. Only use white towels; colored towels can stain your carpet.
- Test any chemical you intend to use in a hidden area to make sure it won’t discolor or damage the surface.Apply spotter and work from the outside of the stain in, to avoid spreading.
- Blot, don’t scrub; strike with the flat face of a spotting brush if needed to help break up the stain.
- Rinse chemical spotters out with cool water, blot the area dry and feather the edges. Brush or fluff up pile or nap.
- On carpet and upholstery, put a thick pad of toweling over the spot, weight it down with books, and leave it there overnight to “wick up” any remaining moisture. Again, only use white towels.
Please note: due to the wide variety of spotting agents and the fibers they are used on, Fiber Pro Carpet Cleaning will not assume responsibility for any damage that may occur during clean up. Spot clean at your own risk.
*Before attempting any spot removal process always pre-test ALL solutions to be used, in an inconspicuous area, to ensure that the solution will not damage the carpet or its dyes. Proceed with caution. Read our Disclaimer before attempting any spot removal.